Tuesday, January 2, 2018

New Year, New Ideas

2018 is here! I have to be honest, I knew that while I worked on my doctorate I was falling behind with my claim as the "Teched Out Teacher". Sure I have access to a lot of techie devices but there are so many things that I could be taking advantage of. There are so many tools, add-ons, widgets, apps, and the like. Even if I hadn't been consumed with scholarly reading and research, I have a feeling that I might not have been able to keep up with all the latest and greatest techie tools.


While I am at it, let me fully disclose that when I become aware of tech tools, tips, etc. now, I am often filled with a sense that I am no longer the Teched Out Teacher at all. There was a time when I was on the cusp of the newest ideas. There was a time when I was constantly discovering innovative ways to integrate the latest technology into our curriculum. Any more, I find myself second guessing whether I have anything valuable to share with others.
Do I have anything of value to share?

I've really been searching and reflecting on this point.

What value can I add for other teachers that people like Alice Keeler and Eric Curts haven't already shared?

I'll be honest, I don't exactly have the answer just yet but I do believe that my voice is important. 



It may take me some time to have things to share that are my own innovations once again.
In the meantime, I plan to share my progress on the learning curve as I try to get back on the 
Techie Track. Hopefully, some of what I share will be useful to anyone out there who stumbles on this blog.

So -
Tweet This




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...