Monday, March 7, 2011

Addressing Misconceptions

I have had an increased awareness over the past year that students bring many misconceptions with them into their study of science.  I confess, my teaching has sometimes reinforced these misconceptions.  With this in mind, I am making a conscious effort to plan my science lessons with these misconceptions in mind.  We are entering a unit of study about Ecosystems and Biomes.  I want to know what to expect from my students so I did a little research and found this website:  Beyond Penguins and Polar Bears

Now I can be prepared to address misconceptions that occur and plan specific lessons that will help correct student thinking.  If you are planning a unit on Ecosystems and Biomes any time soon, you may want to check out this website!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...