Saturday, August 14, 2010

Calling All Elementary Science Teachers

I am well known in our school for saying "My number one priority is safety!" I guess that's because teaching in the science lab raises plenty of opportunity for "accidents". As a new school year approaches I highly recommend my elementary lab safety contract. During the first week of school, I review this contract with each of my classes and require both student and parent to sign it. I always plan an introductory lab the day after I send it home for homework. Students know that if they don't have it signed and returned they have to sit at "observation island" (a remote seat with a clipboard and some paper) to record what others are doing. It only takes 1 student having to do that 1 time and the contracts all come flooding in. As a matter of fact, word travels quickly in elementary schools and my previous students have warned the newbies. I haven't had someone sit at observation island in the past 2 years. So, if I have piqued your interest and safety is a concern in your science class, click the link and download my FREE science safety contract.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...